Neckarhausen industrial estate
Due to expansion in the late 19th century, an additional spinning mill was built in Nürtingen-Neckarhausen from 1900 to 1901 by Albert Melchior, the son-in-law of Heinrich Otto (third generation). The mill was initially powered by steam, but this was soon replaced by hydroelectric power. Today, the site is used by a wide range of businesses including tradespeople and even municipal agencies. Formerly an industrial centre, the site is now home to companies from various sectors – from a tile supplier to a carpentry workshop and a distributor of medical supplies – and focuses particularly on skilled trades.